Wondering how you’ll be summoning fearsome or cute monsters in the upcoming Monster Rancher port for Switch? Koei Tecmo has finally confirmed more details about how the system will work in today’s digital age!
In particular, the company outlined a few systems that will be present in the game. As previously reported, the port will feature an in-game CD database to generate Mystery Discs (or Disc Stones), which players can then use to summon various monsters. According to the company, the CD data of over 500,00 monsters will be available – although it did not elaborate on how this many variations of monsters was derived.
Additionally, we also got more info on the game’s multiplayer mode and auto-save options! Check it all out below, along with some screenshots:
- In the original game, monsters born are decided via the game’s database of monsters, and what CD you put in
- On Switch, you’ll be able to choose what monster you want even if you don’t own the CDs
- Enter keywords such as CD titles or the artist to find the CD data from over 500,000 monsters
- Mystery Discs to create the monsters will drop when you open the game, or when you win random battles
- Search for your friend’s monsters and battle them
- On the Switch version, you can play versus easily by setting up a 2P controller
- The game has an optional autosave feature that you can turn on/off
Monster Hunter will be hitting the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 November 2019. There are currently no plans for a western release, but we will report back if that changes in the future.