On June 26, 2020, Nintendo will organize the 80th annual general meeting of shareholders (AGM) at their headquarters in Kyoto, Japan.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the company has outlined a couple of measures for the AGM in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
These measures include:
- Shortening the duration of the AGM and restricting the number of questions those in the audience could ask
- Reducing the number of seats and the number of participants at the AGM
- No distribution of AGM merchandise
- All attendees will be required to wear face masks
- The company will not allow attendees who look unwell into the building
- Strongly recommending shareholders to participate in voting through mail-in or online
- Depending on circumstances, the measures are subject to change and will be announced on the Nintendo investor relations website
What do you think?