The industry numbers are in, and it looks like Nintendo has maintained its position as the first runner-up in the world of videogame TV adverts.
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo remained the second most-viewed gaming brand on television from 16 July – 15 August 2020. The company was stilling giving a bigger advertising boost to Paper Mario: The Origami King during this period – but this paled in comparison to Sony’s continued promotion for Ghost of Tsushima.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown for Nintendo below, courtesy of VentureBeat:
- 289.5 million ad impressions from 19 TV spots, across 2,360 airings
- Nintendo had 6 of the top 10 gaming ads by impressions
- This was led by “Put the World Back in One Crease,” promoting Paper Mario: The Origami King (shown below)
- Nintendo focused on a variety of other games in “My Way” spots for titles such as Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Odyssey, and more
- Over 90% of impressions for Nintendo spots were delivered on kid- and family-focused networks such as Nick, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network (among others)
We’ll report back as we hear more in the future. Stay tuned.