Patiently waiting for that unannounced Pokemon mobile game by DeNA in 2020? Apparently, The Pokemon Company will be releasing another mobile experience to distract fans in the meantime!
The Google Play Store has added a listing for Pokemon Rumble Rush – a new entry in the series by developer Ambrella. The free-to-play title is already available for download in Australia, and will be launching worldwide very soon.
Here are the full details and some images of the game, from Google’s Play Store:
A world full of uncharted islands! Aided by strong Pokémon and a spirit of discovery, journey through uncharted islands that have many Pokémon!
• Enjoy fast-paced gameplay on the go. It’s easy to control your Pokémon with one hand. Clear stages by controlling your Pokémon as it moves forward. If you see enemy Pokémon, you can attack by just tapping the screen. Tap to engage in exciting gameplay action!
• The islands and seas explored during your adventures change every two weeks. You may find unfamiliar and stronger Pokémon on new islands. So, journey through various islands and seas and collect more and more Pokémon!
• Upgrade Pokémon of your choice. You’ll sometimes receive ore when you clear a stage. Refine ore to get power gears that you can use to make your Pokémon stronger. You may even be able to refine ore into a summon gear that calls forth a Pokémon to use a powerful move. Use power gears and summon gears to help your favorite Pokémon do well!
• Test your strength using the Pokémon you’ve collected. Occasionally, you can earn rewards by working your way through the Super Boss Rush. You’ll need many different types of strong Pokémon to win each Super Boss Rush. Harness the power of the Pokémon you’ve collected from various islands and seas to defeat the powerful Super Bosses.
• Devices compatible with Pokémon Rumble Rush
Pokémon Rumble Rush is compatible with the following environments: Android 4.4 or higher, Snapdragon 410 or higher.
Please be aware though that Pokémon Rumble Rush may not function on some devices.
We’ll report back when the game is officially out worldwide. Until then, stay tuned.
UPDATE: The Pokemon Company has released an official press release with more screenshots. Check them out below.
POKÉMON RUMBLE RUSH ANNOUNCED FOR SMARTPHONES
Latest Title in Rumble Series Coming to Android and iOS Devices
London, United Kingdom—May 15, 2019— The Pokémon Company International today confirmed a new entry in the Pokémon Rumble series, with the all new Pokémon Rumble Rush. This free-to-start beat-‘em-up is available for download today for owners of Android mobile devices in Australia via Google Play; with an iOS version and full worldwide release coming shortly.
In Pokémon Rumble Rush players assume the role of an intrepid adventurer tasked with discovering new islands and the various Pokémon that inhabit each area. As they explore each island players must overcome the hordes of enemy Pokémon that stand in their way. By tapping the screen, the players’ partner Pokémon will rush in and attack each oncoming wave. During each of these encounters there is a chance one or more of the Pokémon will befriend a player and in turn use those Pokémon in future battles. Each island adventure features Super Boss fights and, if victorious, players have the chance to get items that power up their Pokémon.
As they play Pokémon Rumble Rush, players will have the chance to encounter hundreds of different species of Pokémon. The more players explore the game world and take part in special events, the more Pokémon they will discover—possibly including Legendary and Mythical Pokémon! Exploration may also lead to players finding a previously undiscovered stage, and as a reward, players get to name it.
When exploring an area on their own, a hint function can display the Pokémon that inhabit that area. Also, when players view a map of an island, occasionally they’ll see some hot air balloons passing by. Tapping a hot air balloon will let players try a stage that other adventurers have already discovered, which means players may encounter Pokémon that they haven’t found before.