It looks like Switch owners may soon get a chance to experience some classic Grand Theft Auto mayhem later this year, if recent rumors are to be believed.
According to Kotaku speaking to multiple sources, a Grand Theft Auto Remastered Trilogy is currently in the works at Rockstar – and even slated for release on Nintendo Switch. Apparently, this remastered trilogy will include Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Vice City,and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
Here are the other main tidbits of the rumor:
- All three of these games are being remastered using Unreal Engine and will be a mix of “new and old graphics.”
- One source stated that visuals will look on par with a heavily-modded version of a classic GTA title.
- The UI for the games are being updated too, but will retain the same classic style.
- These remastered titles are trying to stay true to the PS2-era GTA games as much as possible.
- The remastered titles are planned to launch around late October or early November for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC, Stadia, and mobile phones.
As with all unconfirmed information, we urge our readers to take this information with a grain of skepticism, until Rockstar makes an official announcement themselves. We’ll report back if we hear more about this in the future.