After being briefly taken down yesterday then restored back, the sources at Nintendo Wire (link) have noted a few changes in the pushed update before it was taken down. Most notably, a new mode was added into the game itself.
From their sources here are some of the changes in the update:
- Updated icon (Mario winking to left)
- “loading screen featuring Mario jumping with the bottom left of the screen torn off, showing a rainbow ? Block”
- New X10 run game mode — the game mode consist of “10 quick, 10-second levels where the player collects three rainbow coins before reaching the Goal Pole”
- X10 run mode is about saving Daisy and requires Toad rally tickets to play
- “Halfway through a set of 10 levels(of X10 run) players find a second playable character on the map, and must switch to that character to play the next five levels, which will be slightly harder.”
- “Music in X 10 Run consists of remixed tracks from previous Mario games, featuring vocals from a woman.”
If the rumours hold true then looks like gamers are going to expect a lot more in Mario’s first foray into mobile gaming. Hopefully we get to try it sooner than later.