Hungry for more info on Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time? Thanks to a new Adult Swim Games panel at PAX East 2020, we now know a little more about the game’s setting!
During the panel, Samurai Jack creator Genndy Tartakovsky and head writer Darrick Bachman confirmed more details about the title. In particular, fans will be happy to hear that various voice-actors will be returning to reprise their roles – such as the Scotsman.
As for the game’s story – Tartakovsky and Bachman also revealed that players will experience a slight derivation (marked in red below) from the show’s Season 5 finale, as follows:
- Ashi opens a portal in time after realizing she has Aku’s power.
- Ashi travels back in time with Jack to defeat Aku, who knows that he’s going to be defeated.
- However, Aku manages to knock Jack into a different pocket of time – delaying Jack’s return home one again.
- Jack becomes trapped in time and must relive everything he has faced in the series to get back to the correct timeline.
- Although Jack must relive the entire series, things are not quite as fans will remember.
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time will be launching for Switch and other platforms in Summer 2020. We’ll report back as we hear more – so stay tuned!