Good news for any Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp players who also happen to be fans of Hello Kitty and her friends.
A new collaboration event between Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp and Sanrio has just been announced. The event starts on July 11th 2019, and will add several Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll themed clothing, furniture and other items to Pocket Camp. In addition, My Melody, Pompompurin, Little Twin Stars, and Keroppi character items are planned to follow later in the month.
To kick off the event, players who log in to Animal Cross: Pocket Camp from July 11th will receive a free Hello Kitty Ribbon. Furthermore, July’s Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt will have a 10x increase in Sanrio character T-shirts as craftable items.
You can check out some preview images of the collab below:
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.
UPDATE: Nintendo has released the following additional details about the collab via a PR Email.
Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll Items Kick Off Weeks of Sanrio Themed In-Game Rewards and Events
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Starting with Hello Kitty® and Cinnamoroll on July 11, in-game items featuring popular Sanrio® characters are coming to Nintendo’s Animal Crossing™: Pocket Camp mobile game for a limited time. The free Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Sanrio Characters Collection event gives players the opportunity to obtain adorable in-game items like sofas, beds, hats and dresses featuring various Sanrio characters.
“Nintendo and Sanrio share a love of fun characters and bringing smiles to people’s faces,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This partnership represents the latest example of our goal of finding new and creative ways for fans to engage with Nintendo IP.”
In addition to adding items featuring Sanrio characters to the game, the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Sanrio Characters Collection event will also see Sanrio characters featured in weeks of in-game rewards and events:
- A Hello Kitty bow special in-game gift will be given to all Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp players.
- From July 11 to July 22, a Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt will allow players to make limited-time in-game Hello Kitty amenities and Sanrio Characters tees.
- Fortune cookies in the Sanrio Characters Craft Collection will come packed with cute rewards.
- Players can participate in Sanrio Characters Goals #1 for exciting rewards such as animal maps and fortune cookies.
- Items that feature Sanrio characters will be rolled out gradually, with Items Collection #1 launching on July 11 featuring Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll. In late July, Collection #2 will feature Pompompurin and My Melody. And in early August, Collection #3 will feature Little Twin Stars and Keroppi.