Splatoon 2 is arguably one of Nintendo Switch’s biggest hits this year and with the Nintendo Switch selling over 10 million already, it is not impossible to see why now Splatoon 2 sales has exceeded Wii U’s Splatoon sales in Japan at a score of 1,668,466 to 1,532,079. This was in line with predictions made last week.
According to Media Creates charts, on top of Splatoon 2 achievement, Games on Nintendo platforms continue to dominate the charts in Japan as well, with either a 3DS game or Nintendo Switch game taking the top 9 places in the Japanese charts. In fact in the top 20 list, Games on Nintendo Consoles held 16 out of the 20 places.
1) Super Mario Odyssey (Including bundled versions)
2) Yokai Watch Busters 2
3) Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon
4) Splatoon 2 (Including bundled versions)
5) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6) Kirby Battle Deluxe!
7) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Including Limited Edition)
8) POKKEN TOURNAMENT DX
10) Ten Idolmaster Stellar stage (limited edition included) (PS4)
Overall, was a great week for Nintendo again.