Last month, Aspyr released their port of Star Wars: Republic Commando on Switch, which was unfortunately plagued with performance issues and low frame rates.
Thankfully, the developers have now released a patch for the game which addresses several of these problems. The detailed patchnotes for update 1.0.2. can be found below, via Aspyr’s website:
Update 1.0.2 for STAR WARS Republic Commando is available for Nintendo Switch. The following are the changes found within this update:
- Performance Optimizations
- There were a handful of areas in which the frame rate was lower than expected, most noticeable early in the first level. There were also areas in which the frame rate itself wasn’t impacted, but that the gameplay experience didn’t match. It was important for us to address both, so development went through the game adding additional optimizations. One of these optimizations included adjusting how the game was handling audio, to free up more system resources for performance.
- This had the added benefit of not just improving performance in the areas where it was either low or felt low, but improved the overall performance throughout the entire game.
- Resolved Issues When Rebinding Keys
- We resolved some bugs that were causing the game to not display the proper button prompts or register that specific buttons on the JoyCon were being pressed.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.