Japanese accessory maker HORI officially revealed a “Pro” Controller for the Nintendo Switch in the shape of a Slime!
Yes, you read that right. Previously released for the PS4, this odd Dragon Quest slime-shaped controller will now be getting a Switch version featuring most of the Switch Pro Controller’s functionality, if not all. It has the buttons, triggers, and thumb-sticks placed in a similar fashion as the usual Pro Controller. It can also be charged via the Switch AC adapter as well as the USB Type-C cable.
What’s more, it comes with a dedicated pedestal for display and a paper stand that resembles a treasure box for the Nintendo Switch.
Check out its features below:
“Slime” type wireless controller appearing in Dragon Quest series
- You can operate the Nintendo Switch via Bluetooth wireless communication. The built-in battery eliminates the need for batteries.
- You can charge this product by connecting the USB cable (USB Type-C) included with this product to the Nintendo Switch Dock.
- You can also use a genuine Nintendo Switch AC adapter and USB cable (USB Type-C).
※ Please connect an AC adapter to Nintendo Switch Dock when charging.
- It can also be used for games that use an accelerometer / gyro sensor, such as tilting the controller.
- It has a continuous fire / continuous fire hold function, and it is an effective function in the specific scene of “Dragon Quest XI In search of the time to go away S”.
- The surface of the controller is rubber-coated for better feel and better grip.
- A dedicated pedestal for display and a paper stand for Nintendo Switch are included.
- The motif is a treasure box that appears in the Dragon Quest series, and when the controller is not used, it is a design that can be enjoyed as an interior.
The Dragon Quest Slime Switch Controller is due out on September 27, 2019, the same day as Dragon Quest XI S launch date for the Nintendo Switch. If you’re interested, you may pre-order yours via Square Enix JP online store for 10,778 yen (tax included).