Earlier this year, publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer WayForward revealed BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites – a remaster of the original BloodRayne Betrayal. Well, fans won’t have to wait too much longer for the game’s launch!
The companies have confirmed that the game will be hitting major platforms including Nintendo Switch on 9 September 2021. As reported previously, the 2D hack ‘n slash adventure will see players in the role of the deadly Rayne as she embarks on one final mission to put an end to her father!
Check out the release date trailer and more details below, courtesy of Gematsu:
Released in 2011, the original BloodRayne Betrayal was met with passionate reviews for its gorgeous graphics and punishing difficulty. This installment in the series changed things up by switching from a 3D, third-person format to a fast-paced, 2D side-scroller. As the deadly dhampir Rayne, players will battle through 15 levels as they wend their way through a hidden castle where a sinister vampiric gathering is taking place. It’s Rayne’s last job—will she “clean house” or find herself six feet under?
- All-New Voice Acting – Originally released without any spoken dialog, the new BloodRayne Betrayal will feature AAA-quality voice acting by Laura Bailey and Troy Baker reprising their roles as Rayne and Kagan. Patrick Seitz and Todd Haberkorn are also featured as voice actors in the game, bringing more of its characters to life.
- Enhanced Edition – Higher resolution character sprites and support for HD displays (up to 4K) are just a few new details added to the game that help Rayne strut her stuff on modern PCs and consoles.
- Advanced Controller Support – Fresh Bites brings improved support for haptic features on modern console controllers.
- Modern Console Release – Rayne returns to console including a first-ever release on Nintendo Switch.
- Physical Edition – Collectors rejoice! Fresh Bites will receive an exclusive physical edition release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch through Limited Run Games.