Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is about to go full Mad Max, starting this week!
Activision and Beenox have revealed the next Grand Prix event which will take place from 16 January – 16 February 2020, titled ‘Rustland’. In particular, players will be able to race in a new apocalyptic setting, while earning a new messed-up character along with more customization options!
Check out the official trailer below, along with some preview footage by Gematsu:
Outrun your opponents in this post-apocalyptic wasteland, where chaos reigns and only the boldest racers earn the spoils! Unlock new skins and karts to gear up for your rumble through an intense new track. Plus, fill your Nitro Gauge to earn a monstrous new character who’s fit for the setting. Lastly, fans might recognize Crash holding a special trophy this Grand Prix. In celebration of winning the Best Racing game at The Game Awards 2019, Crash is showing off his newly acquired hardware on the title screen in game.
- New Character: It’s alive!! And it’s ready to race. Unlock Crash’s greatest mistake, Mega-Mix! A dastardly mutant combination of Dr. Neo Cortex, N. Gin, Tiny Tiger, and Dingodile, this character from Crash Bandicoot history is tailor made to give the competition the heebie-jeebies.
- New Track: An outpost of steel, fire, graffiti, and heavy metal is all that remains in the arid landscape. It’s Mega-Mix Mania, and it’s a track that’s sure to make your hair stand on end!
- New Karts: Your ride is everything in this wasteland, so make sure it’s up to the task. Unlock three new karts this season to amp things up on the track.
- Pit Stop Items: Intimidation is half the battle, so gear up with the new customization items available to unlock in this Grand Prix! Rock an industrial-punk style with Rustland skins, paint-jobs and stickers. Then, tag your kart with spray-paint decals and wheels.
- Champion Kart and Decal: Finish in the top five percent of the Grand Prix leaderboards and win the Champion Kart and Rustland signature decal!