Following its announcement earlier this month, Famitsu has published their massive feature on Undertale celebrating its 5th Anniversary, which includes a few pages dedicated to its sequel Deltarune.
Within the issue, creator Toby Fox shared a few insights into how Deltarune is progressing, and that it is generally going smoothly. He also shared sneak peek at Deltarune Chapter 2 with a few new screenshots.
You can check out a summary of the key details below (via Dualshockers), as well as the screenshots that were shared.
- Toby Fox said he wrote a really long report on Deltarune’s development, but shortened it for people who don’t have internet access and can’t buy Famitsu Magazine physically.
- Most of the Game Design work for all the Deltarune chapters is finished. He has also finished writing the 1st draft of all the dialogues during cutscenes.
- Work on Deltarune Chapter 2 started a few months ago and it’s going well. The development of Deltarune Chapter 2 is going faster than for Chapter 1.
- He hurt his wrist around 7 months ago but said to not worry, and a small team is helping him.
- Toby Fox is confident the development of Deltarune will go smoothly, but has no idea how many more years it’ll take to finish the game.
- He advised everyone to simply forget about him and Deltarune instead of constantly waiting.
- When it’s done, he would love for Famitsu magazine to feature Deltarune on its cover
- Toby Fox said he himself is the most hyped person for Deltarune‘s release.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.