Topper is the first boss players will encounter in Super Mario Odyssey. He’s a very simple boss to defeat.
If you’re having difficulty in beating Topper, check out the instructions below.
How to defeat Topper
- Throw Cappy at Topper three times. Each time Cappy hits Topper, Topper’s green hat will fall off and start moving around the floor.
- Be careful of the hats on the floor. If Mario walks into them, he will take damage.
- Jump on Topper’s head.
- You’ll have to do what you did again in Phase 1.
- Unlike Phase 1, Topper will start running around once all of his hats are moving around the floor.
- Jump on Topper’s head to defeat him.
Need more help with beating bosses in Super Mario Odyssey? Check out all of the boss fight strategy guides here.