Fans of hardcore action-platformer Momodora will soon be able to take its spiritual successor on the go!
Developer Bombservice has confirmed that Minoria will be launching digitally for Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One on 10 September 2020. No price or pre-order details were revealed at the time of writing, unfortunately.
— MOMODORA NEWS (@r_rdein) August 8, 2020
As previously reported, the game sees players in the shoes of Sisters Semilla and Fran, members of a powerful church whom set out to put a stop to the ‘Witch’s Ceremony’ – which threatens to throw the world into chaos. Check out some earlier trailers below:
Ink and blood stain the streets of Ramezia. The story takes place during the fourth Witch War. It is a time of fanatical religious fervor. The Sacred Office, a powerful organization leading an Inquisition against heresy, purges the sinners who threaten humanity. Those responsible for conducting a mysterious ceremony that contradicts the rules of the Church are labeled “witches.”
Set forth with Sisters Semilla and Fran, missionaries in the Church’s service, on their journey to thwart the witches’ ceremony and protect the common-folk from heresy that endangers the status quo.
- A powerful fantasy story inspired by the history of medieval Europe.
- A unique visual aesthetic combining hand-painted 2D art with cel-shading.
- Fluid controls encouraging careful engagement and patient play.
- Offensive combat enabling players to crush enemies with a mix of swordplay and spells.
- Defensive options including dodge-rolls and parries.
- A leveling system that helps players adjust their character to their desired difficulty.