Fans of Full-Motion Video (FMV) games from generations past will soon be able to indulge themselves.
D’Avekki Studios’ The Shapeshifting Detective will release on November 6 for $12.99. The murder mystery game features a ton of high-quality video cutscenes and many branching paths.
Digital preorders will go live on October 23.
In the meantime, check out the original announcement trailer below.
– 1600+ full HD FMV videos.
– A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore.
– Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself.
– Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability.
– In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits.
– Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
– Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors.
– Not all branching is binary. Push someone too far and discover a different reaction.
– Can’t get that vital clue yourself? Shapeshift into the Police Chief!
– Think your options are a trap? Refuse to speak to potentially unlock a hidden path.