Nintendo has released a 30-second gameplay clip featuring the Astral Chain’s Sword Legion in action!
The Legions are a special type of living weapons which appear in Astral Chain. There are five Legion types in the game that players have access to – Sword, Arrow, Arm, Beast, and Axe.
Watch it below:
Utilize the versatile Sword Legion’s special ability to cut through energy waves and stun enemies! Call upon the Sword Legion, master its abilities, and fight back the invaders when ASTRAL CHAIN releases exclusively on Nintendo Switch, 8/30!
The Sword Legion can cut through energy waves to stun enemies, leaving them dizzy and open to attack. The angle and direction of the attack can be adjusted before it is released, and the camera zooms in on the target as this occurs for added accuracy. This ability can also be used to destroy barriers in the Astral Plane that obstruct progression, by lining the direction of the attack with the weak points of the barrier.
MASTER MULTIPLE COMBAT STYLES IN THIS SYNERGETIC ACTION GAME!
Humanity’s last chance against an interdimensional invasion is a special living weapon called the Legion. As a rookie officer in the elite police task force Neuron, you and your Legion will work together to solve cases and save humankind.
The ASTRAL CHAIN game gives you full control over two characters at once for thrilling Synergetic Action, courtesy of PlatinumGames. Alternate between several Legion types and skills to save the world your way.
ASTRAL CHAIN features character designs by the acclaimed manga artist Masakazu Katsura (ZETMAN, Video Girl Ai), and marks the directorial debut of PlatinumGames’ Takahisa Taura (designer of NieR:Automata). Hideki Kamiya, director of the Bayonetta game and writer/supervisor of the Bayonetta 2 game, provides supervision.
- Players can control the protagonist and a special weapon called a Legion simultaneously, building stylish combos by using both characters in tandem
- There are multiple Legions in the game, each with different combat styles and abilities. Players can even strategically change between Legions at will during real-time battles
- This apocalyptic setting is full of intricate details and interesting characters, including citizens and suspects you can interact with in the city, others in the special police task force, and your twin sibling
- Use the abilities of the Legion not only in battle but also for investigating cases and solving environmental puzzles
- Uncover the secrets of the alternate dimension called the Astral Plane, where the mysterious invaders originate
- ASTRAL CHAIN is directed by Takahisa Taura, known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, and supervised by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series
Utilize the versatile Sword Legion’s special ability to cut through energy waves and stun enemies! Call upon the Sword Legion, master its abilities, and fight back the invaders when #ASTRALCHAIN releases exclusively on #NintendoSwitch, 8/30!https://t.co/u2kkL7o6Wy pic.twitter.com/9rzm48pjEE
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 31, 2019