The Crown Tundra DLC for Pokemon Sword And Shield introduces a new feature called Dynamax Adventures, which allows players to encounter and capture many powerful normal Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon from past games.
For players interested in Shiny Pokemon, Pokemon dataminer SciresM has shared an interesting detail about the Shiny Encounter odds for Dynamax Advenures. According to his findings, Pokemon (including Legendaries) from Dynamax adventures have a higher chance of being shiny compared to wild encounters and even the Masuda Method: 1/300 without the Shiny Charm, and 1/100 with the Shiny Charm.
Given that players will be able to catch at least 4 Pokemon from a single Dynamax Adventure, this means that every adventure has a 1/75 chance of yielding a shiny without the shiny charm, and a 1/25 chance with the shiny charm.
The chance of being forced shiny on a dynamax adventure is applied to every pokemon you defeated, including the legendary, to be extra clear.
Thus overall odds of at least one shiny in adventure results are ~4/300 = 1/75 without shiny charm, ~4/100 = 1/25 with shiny charm.
— Michael (@SciresM) October 24, 2020
This is of course extremely good news for players who are hunting after an elusive shiny Legendary. That said, players should be aware that they will only know whether the Pokemon is Shiny at the very end of a Dynamax Adventure, when they are choosing which Pokemon to take back with them. Even so, rerolling for a Shiny Legendary is still possible by following these steps:
- Enter a Dynamax Adventure, (selecting the Legendary of your choice if possible)
- Capture every single Pokemon defeated during the adventure, including the Legendary (which will not appear as shiny in battle)
- Check whether the Legendary is Shiny.
- If it is not, select one of the other Pokemon to keep, and discard the Legendary.
- This will allow players to challenge the same Legendary Pokemon again, rinsing and repeating until Shiny.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.